Thursday 11 April 2013

Ben


Hi,
uhm,
my name's Ben I,
huh,
I'm gonna tell you a story about hope,
I,
uh,
for seven years I ran a,
part-time business I was very bored.
Um,
and what I really wanted to be doing was composing music,
and so when I was nearly forty I decided to become a student again,
study music,
in order really to get a chance to just do it,
aaaand.
I'm hoping to finish my PHD and leave,
and proceed as before.
Uhm.
And that involves composing.
Music uuuhm.
In a digital studio in order to simulate.
Things that seem to be happening but couldn't be done.
Uhm.
Because I'm very interested in what happens when you....
simulate.
Performance.
And.
Create the illusion of things happening,
and one of the ways in which we're doing that.
Aaa little team I've put together is a thing called Music You Can Walk Inside,
uhm and we use like a GPS or wireless tracking.
Um and we create the opportunity for people to.
Construct your own.
Experience.
Of a piece of music according to how you move.
In a space.
And what I'm hoping to do.
Is.
Make.
My life's work.
Err.
The Construction of.
Portraits of places.
Situated there.
Entirely in sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment